lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:Marble772"

7 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Forced draw#10

@MrPushwood said in #7: > unless of course you're the one who swindled the draw ;) From age 8 through college I viewed playing for a draw as a swindle beneath my dignity. A checkmate will end the game…

Marble772
General Chess Discussion - Is there luck in chess#45

There is no luck in chess. For instance, is it luck when your opponent fails to notice that a previously favorable arrangement has now become unfavorable due to your last move? Of course not. Similarl…

Marble772
General Chess Discussion - How can I learn to visualise during a chess game#8

To improve your visualization skills in chess, it's recommended to play opponents in-person using a physical board and pieces. However, if this isn't possible, you can still practice visualization by …

Marble772
General Chess Discussion - Forced draw#6

Yes okay. I had the feeling I may be being childish as I traced back the origin of my position. I will take your advice and endeavor to learn how to defend against that possiblity. If a draw is the ou…

Marble772
Game analysis - Loser Appreciation Post#3

Just because an opponent appears to be more prepared doesn't mean you can't checkmate. The key is to keep you eyes on the prize. If they get you it's "GG" and move on.

Marble772
Game analysis - I might just quit chess. Every loss feels like I am getting completely dominated.#4

You gotta be you. If losing is such a trauma you should not play. Try to developing a sense of sportsmanship. They checkmate you you say "good game" and move on. They offer rematch you say "no thanks …

Marble772
General Chess Discussion - Forced draw#1

I am resentful of a player who will force a draw by checking my king with only one move to make 3 times. I fight a strong impulse to insult with an emasculating disparaging remark. Apon reflection I t…

Marble772