lichess.org
Donate

Adding a new 30+ min rating category !!

Evil,

I appreciate your comments on what I said, and you have a very excellent Classical rating, a Master rating.

Don't the pros have a level between Blitz and Classical called Rapid Chess. I think that would be a good intermediate category: Bullet, Blitz, Rapid, and Classical. Rapid would be for what now is the shortest Classical time controls you point out, those eight to thirty minute games.
Yes I would like to see a split in rapid and classic as well.
EvilChess ( #39 ) has the same point of view as I have.
This would help my motivation of playing 25+ games again ad since you can learn more from longer games this would be very welcome.
Also I can start play 10+0 tournaments because they would't destroy my 25+ rating anymore.
I am happy this topic is back at the top! It looks like a real need for many players. And I would like to know if anything is planned by lichess developers concerning this change.
There is a workaround, not a perfect one but better then nothing:
you can start with a new (second) account:
For Example:
1. account: "EvilChess"
2. account "EvilChess 30m"
or
2. account "EvilChess 10m"
and then you use your second account only for longer games (30+) or only for Tournaments (10+0).
The absence of a rapid rating is the single biggest flaw of an otherwise excellent website.
Still I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself, has lichess another rating, should I blast myself? :P

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.