lichess.org
Donate

move not shown

Hello I recently lost a game on time but my opponents last move was not shown to me so I was waiting for them to move. Does anybody know why this happened and how to avoid it. Thanks in advance.
It happens sometime when you have a bad internet connection. You lose your connection with the website and you can not see your opponent move until your computer is connected again.
Hope I helped!
My computer was connected. I was waiting half hour and had time to browse other sites while waiting for move to be made. Should it not reconnect if I am online.
It should. Then I don't know what happened to you :/
It has happened to me before. There isn't too much you can do about it, but i suggest always just mousing over to the page. A person should not take more than a half hour to make a move in such a game, so you should then reload.
I understand that people shouldn't take that long but when they are lost they sometimes make you wait for the win. It seems that regular reloading seems to solve the problem. Thank you for all your help everyone.
it's a bug and it happens to me all the time in bullet chess and i think it's because of having high ping
the only solution i know is to offer a draw then you will see your opponent move
I imagine that would ruin blitz or bullet not that I play them really. It does seem if you reload the page it is up to date.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.